Monday, March 31, 2014

Hello Monday. A TINY Peek into the Schedule of a Stay At Home Mommy and Small Biz Owner.


It's been a long day so far and the afternoon just arrived. Waking up at 4:50 this morning to drag myself out of bed and like a zombie to the coffee machine to get my morning boost started. Then, to the cabinet to take my daily thyroid medication and straight to the kitchen table where I plopped myself down to begin prayer and devotion through the Sermon on the Mount. 

Once 5:30 rolled around, I headed to the craft room to get the orders finished and packaged up that need to go out today (thank God I scheduled my pickup last night since we are temporarily down to one car as of yesterday). As I worked on the crowns and veil, I also replied to several emails as I tried to multi-task. I had about 10 email conversations going at once and tried to get them organized so I didn't get any information and custom listings mixed up.

I completely finished one order and right about 7:30 heard little man playing in his room. Bug is up! I scramble to his room and after smothering him in morning smooches, I smelled something awful and sure enough, a dirty diaper...and not just any dirty diaper...one that oozed out onto his pants and onto his shirt (hello motherhood). To the shower we went!

Afterwards, little bug and I prayed (his fav. new word-AMEN) and ate cereal together.

Between starting the laundry and doing the dishes, I tried to go back and forth to the craft room to get increments of as much packaging done as I can (mail man will be here soon).

I took a small break to get some fresh air with the little one and went outside to push him around on his trike and catch some indian bugs.

About a half hour later, it was time to go back and do some more packaging, send photos to a customer and answer a few more emails. All the while, pushing up the frozen yogurt on a stick every 2 mins for Levi and coloring on random pieces of paper with him.

For lunch, lasagna it was...not only for Levi's tummy but also for the floor. Clean up that mess. Check.

Time to play cards with little man and work on the laundry some more.

Afterwards...it's about 12:30 at this time, go and finish packaging the orders and print shipping labels.

Come back and put the little man down for a nap as I sing "Jesus Love Me"-his going to bed song.

Breathe.

Husband is still at work. Baby is sleeping and the house is quiet. Emails still have to be sent. Several other orders have to be worked on. Photos need to be sent to customers. Another Mail Pickup has to be scheduled. Text messages need responses and lunch needs to be eaten.

But right now, relaxation takes priority...it will all get done in it's own time. 

It's OK to take a break, even if it's for a moment. Be good to yourself.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." 
Matthew 11:28

What do you do to relax and how often do you allow yourself a break amidst a busy schedule?

4 comments:

  1. It's always great to read how other mommy's spend their days. Your Etsy shop is beautiful! Your hard work really pays off.
    Karen @ Sunny Soirees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen! :) It can be a crazy schedule sometimes but being able to stay at home with my son and watch his milestones while creating my own work schedule is something I wouldn't give up to have him in day care.
      Mommas just do what they gotta do. ;)

      Delete
  2. You really inspire me to get in the Word, girl. My day isn't nearly as hectic as yours and I'm still getting up at the last minute. And thirty minutes in the bible each morning? What a perfect way to start the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

It makes me really happy to read your comments. Leave some LOVE and have a sweet day! :)