Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My Heart. Giving Up Control.


My heart at the moment.

Since 2014 greeted the world, I had a feeling this year would be different. Not just for a short moment, but for a lasting season. I knew I'd have to make some tough decisions this year upon changes, I just didn't expect it so soon. It all started with a new line of crowns for a styled shoot, then I had some amazing opportunities with my brand to reach more people than I ever could on my own and after several other blessings in between, here I am trying to find time to breathe.

For the past few weeks, I have been working on several orders, answering countless emails, working with other talented creatives on shoots and events and trying to balance home life at the same time. I am so incredibly thankful for these open doors and the wonderful customers I have but I am eternally grateful for my husband who has helped me tremendously along the way. Without him, I'd be a wreck...and most likely, a quitter. This is undoubtably my passion in life but even the most inspired, fervent and creative person can become overwhelmed and in need of respite.

The other day, after listening to my spiel, my husband put his foot down and told me to get help already. I've talked about it before but because I am so scared to give anything up with my duties as a small business owner, I relented to reach out. This little business is in a way, like my baby. Although I have been offered several times by friends and family for their help, there's just something that holds me back out of fear of giving up some control. 

The next day, my husband came home and gave me a phone number. He said, "Call her. She is willing to help."  He said he started asking around at work for somebody willing to help me and was reffered to this girl. After getting a large order (80 bracelets) on top of the others that still needed to be filled, I decided it was the time to call her and I did.

Today, was the first day I received help because I finally reached out and was serious. Guess what? Because she came over and packed those bracelet sets for me, I was able to get another crown done, get another additional order out and have more free time to play in the mud with my son before he took his nap! Being a wife and a mother will come first to anything I take on but it sure can be difficult to balance priorities when you have such a love for the work you do to help provide for your family.

I am learning a lot along this journey. I now know that it's ok to ask for help and giving up control means gaining more moments worth remembering and embracing. Please forgive me if orders don't go out right away or if blog posts aren't regular or emails aren't responded to as quickly as hoped. I am only one person with many hats and right now, I am ok with giving up some of them. It's another lesson being learned.

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

_______________________________________________________________________________
Use the code "SPARKLE20" for 20% off at As Darling Does-a sweet handmade shop of accessories for your little ones! Click Here to see the cutest bow ties, headbands and baby blankets!

2 comments:

  1. Kayla, I love this. It can be so difficult to give up any kind of control (I'm the same exact way) but if we're able to do some of that from time-to-time, it's amazing how much relief you can feel! I'm so happy you were able to accept some help! You go girl : ) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written and inspiring! It's so difficult to ask for help, I feel like I fail when I have to ask but your words were on key, it is a relief and we have to find the courage and say I need help. Love the verse you used!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me really happy to read your comments. Leave some LOVE and have a sweet day! :)