Monday, November 25, 2013

Emotional New Beginnings

As the leaves change this fall season, so brings a new transition to my little family. A couple weeks ago, we closed escrow and received keys to our new and first home that we can call ours. After 3 years of living in a home that we have been renting, it was time to start a new chapter in our lives.

We are so thankful to have lived in our little home for the time that we did and have so many memories tied to that house on Poplar street. From moving in once my husband and I said "I Do," to bringing our little man home to his first bedroom, it housed a lot of important "firsts" for us.

The last day of packing and moving, I went into the empty blue room where 2 years ago, my husband was putting together Levi's crib as I supervised with a large pregnant belly-the room that housed many of Levi's coos, giggles, tears and smiles. I laid on that bare carpet with my baby boy by my side and stared up into the ceiling. As Levi took his last nap in the room we first brought him home to, I cried.
I couldn't help but feel like I was losing something. As I was packing up my closet, cleaning the bathrooms and walking through the house with bare walls, I was reminded of all the great moments and all the blessings we have been given.

As I was driving away and into the new town we now call home, I cried some more. I felt like I was leaving family and leaving a piece of myself some place else. Truth is, this move was a lot harder than I ever thought it would be (even if we were moving only a half hour away). I wasn't prepared for the rush of emotions that overwhelmed me but with new beginnings come new memories and I'm so excited! 

As we are settling into our new home, I am loving it more and more as the days pass. I am happy where we are and can't wait to see what's in store for us! We have experienced joy even amongst the stresses of moving. Although the workload seems intolerable at times, there is light at the end of the tunnel and it's within reach. This house is turning into a home-our home-each and every day.

As of now, we are just about done organizing. It's really coming down to finishing up with paint and decor-which I am having a really hard time making decisions on...especially since we are having family over for Thanksgiving and I want the house to at least be "decent" and still feel home-y. It's comin' along.

I will be updating some of the home projects soon but until then, have a beautiful Thanksgiving! 
What are your plans for the holiday?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new home! That's super exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your new home - exciting times :)
    x

    perksofbeingamy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

It makes me really happy to read your comments. Leave some LOVE and have a sweet day! :)