Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A little minion is on his way! {Baby Shower}

Jessica, a dear friend of mine is expecting her first little baby and I had the honor to throw her baby shower.
This past Sunday was the big day and it turned out pretty great I might add. For the theme, we went with Minions (from Despicable Me) which is quite unique and so much fun! Since I couldn't find minion baby shower decor ANYWHERE, I had to think "outside of the box" and decided to make just about everything.
Since my son was a minion for Halloween last year, I used his costume to hang from a clothesline as part of the main decor and for favors, I used Twinkies (now from Sara Lee) with minions on them. Now when I see minions, I swear I see Twinkies! lol

For games, we played The Price is Right, measure momma's belly with ribbon and who can change the baby doll's diaper the quickest-blindfolded (SO FUNNY)!

I received lots of help from Jess' sister Stephanie and her friend Kelly who took care of all the yummy food (seriously YUMMY) as well as placing decor. I am so thankful for all their help!

Jess looked oh so beautiful and had that mommy glow to her. Only 1 more month and little Blayze will be here soon!
A little minion is on his way!
{enjoy}
For the cake, I went with an ombre effect and made the toppers. Thank you Janette for baking the cake and creating it even better than I imagined! She did a lemon cake with raspberry filling and a yellow cake with strawberry mousse. SO GOOD!
These were my favorite yummies-cold grapes dipped in caramel and peanuts! LOVE!
 I used this template for these adorable wish cards.
 I used this template for the Price is Right.
Baby Colton showing off his "tattoo."
 Congrats momma to be! Can't wait to meet little Blayze and give him {BIG} hugs! :)

Event Styling + Photography: Love Sparkle Pretty
Cake: Janette Espino
Game Templates: Confetti Sunshine
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


3 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea for a shower! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah AWESOME! My pregnant bestie LOVES the minions and I was wondering how to translate it into a baby shower theme, this is amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah AWESOME! My pregnant bestie LOVES the minions and I was wondering how to translate it into a baby shower theme, this is amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me really happy to read your comments. Leave some LOVE and have a sweet day! :)