Monday, December 31, 2012

To the end of a great year + the start of a whole NEW-EXCITING one!

Ending this year, I feel like I have really done a lot in 2012. So much so, that I am quite intimidated to even write this post so I think I will just highlight the biggest impacts and projects of this past year. At the beginning of the year, I was a brand new mommy and my husband and I didn't yet know it, but we were going to learn A LOT this year! It is so weird to even think about life before motherhood because what's life without our little Levi now? This was the first year as a parent and let me tell ya,  it's been a crazy, happy, stressed out, fun, and beautiful one! :)

I also left my job to start nursing school this year which lead to really finding a lot out about myself. You can read all about that adventure and the start of a new one right here. Making the decision to leave nursing school was one of the biggest choices of my life. Science was such a HUGE part of my schooling and I studied my BUTT OFF for years to get the grades I did. There was just this other part of my life that kept tugging at my little heart strings. That would be the whole wonderful and PRETTY world of creativity! Since I was a little girl going to craft shows with my grandmother, I have had a fascination with making ideas come to life and making a setting with details that can make the heart flutter and photos dance! This year, I became a stay-at-home wife and mother and made the choice to really dedicate my time to Love Sparkle Pretty. I have LOTS of big plans this coming year which will be revealed below. Before I jump ahead of myself, here are some highlights of this year with Love Sparkle Pretty.

I created pieces for 42+ weddings all around the world this past year (mind you, I was also on a long break for school) and I can't wait to do many more! These pieces included boutonnieres, veils, flower hair pieces, corsages and necklaces. Here are some of my favorites from 2012.

I also created several more accessories for everyday wear such as scarves, rings, necklaces, and different hair pieces as well as accessories for photoshoots. Here are some of my favorite shoots that I was happy to be a part of!
Photography Credit: Vilchis Squared

Photography Credit: Kayla V Photography

Photography Credit: Vilchis Squared
 
Photography Credit: Kayla V Photography

Photography Credit: Kayla V Photography

I also had my first magazine feature this year in Pretty Pear Bride Magazine (pg. 65)! I received a surprise email from a writer for the mag. which was definitely exciting!

Other features included some of my items and posts on other blogs that I adore and I collaborated with many to do several giveaways this year as well! Here are some of the items I gave away this year!

Now my top posts of 2012? Here they are!
DIY Cupcake Towers

A beautiful french inspired bedroom please?

NEW boutonnieres added to LOVE SPARKLE PRETTY!

New infinity scarf made & added to etsy store soon!

I WON! + new ruffled scarf added to etsy! :D

Pretty Christmas Party! All DIY!
 
We also celebrated our son's first birthday this year! I can't believe my husband and I have been parents for a whole year already! It's been quite an adventure and we have experienced a completely different kind of love that is unconditional. For Levi's first birthday, we celebrated in vintage-circus style! I had so much fun planning his birthday and it was really great to see friends and family under one roof. We all had some serious laughs together especially when Levi attacked his cake and ate the ENTIRE thing!
Photography Credit: Vilchis Squared
See the entire post here.
***********
NOW, here's all the great things to come for 2013!
I'm really excited about all of this!
 
*I'm enrolling in a wedding/event planning program (EEEeee!! :D )
*A whole new website is coming soon for Love Sparkle Pretty which will feature new services including event planning
*A whole new line for event decor will be added to the shop soon! Here's a sneak peek of a few items.
 
*I will also be attending my first blog/handmade business conference
*I am enrolled in a floral design class this Spring semester. I can't wait to play with pretty flowers each week! :)
*There's lots more styled photoshoots to come--so fun!
*Weddings and events in 2013? Much planning and creating to do!
*I will be taking my first sewing class on Jan. 11 over at Joanns. I have self-taught myself to sew but this will help me improve and create something new that I haven't tried just yet.
We will see where this goes. :)
 
Can't wait to start a new journey in 2013!
Happy New Year everyone!  
Covered in Grace

2 comments:

  1. What a great year! I'm so glad to have meet you and to see how much our friendship has grown. I'm so looking forward to 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What an awesome year! LOVE this post! Just got back from my trip...finally able to hop around from the 2012 year in review link up! Thanks for linking up with us! I'm a Happy New Follower!

    Tif
    Ramblings of a Southern Belle
    http://www.rambling-southern-belle.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes me really happy to read your comments. Leave some LOVE and have a sweet day! :)